Texans support this law because they know thestrength of the Texas economy is based on an educated workforce. Many Texans have met young student who are personally affected by this law, and who want to further their education in order to further contribute to the economy of this state.
Click here to share your story!
Texans can show their support to preserve Texas’ current in-state tuition law by:
- Signing a letter (link to letter) in support of Texas’ in-state tuition law
- Reaching out to their networks and asking them to sign on to the letter (link to letter) in support of Texas’ in-state tuition law
- Sending a letter opposing the repeal of Texas’ in-state tuition law to lawmakers
- Meeting with lawmakers about your support of Texas’ in-state tuition law and your opposition to any repeal or modification of the law
- Testifying in committee in opposition to the repeal of Texas’ in-state tuition law
- Formally registering their organization’s opposition to the repeal of Texas’ in-state tuition law during committee hearings (link to committee hearing dates)
- Agreeing to be available for media interviews about their support for preserving the current in-state tuition laws in Texas